The Clachaig Inn presents … Octoberfest 2017
- Fri 13th Oct 17 , 9:00 am
- Sat 28th Oct 17 , Until late
- Daily at the Clachaig Inn Bars
Octoberfest has grown from humble beginnings to become a firmly established part of the annual calendar here in Glencoe. Originally very much a beer festival, Octoberfest is now a wider celebration of this lovely time of year in one of Scotland’s most spectacular Highland glens.
Good Beer, Hearty Food, Great Craic
The basic principles of good beer, hearty food and great craic have been drawing folk to Clachaig for decades, and during Octoberfest you can expect to see us re-visit these staples of life at Clachaig.
With 15 cask ale lines and 8 craft beer lines the choice of ales, stouts, lagers and ciders promises to deliver something for everyone and every taste. We’ll have a few old favourites, but we’ll also be featuring some new and seasonal brews too.
With so many choices, why not try one of our beer flights. You can still buy a ‘pint’ but split into 1/3 glasses, so you can try 3 instead of just the one.
And as it’s Octoberfest, and as you may well find your favourite tipple, you can also opt for one of our 2 pint steins. Less visits to the bar! (* small deposit required!)
The full programme will be added to throughout 2017.
Too much beer and food is nought without plenty of fresh air too. The colours in the glen during October can be spectacular. Get out and go and see them! Whether it’s a brisk walk in the woods in some crisp autumn air, or something a little more energetic, Octoberfest is about getting out and about before the onset of winter and enjoying all that Mother Nature has provided.
Meanwhile, back at Clachaig, there’s not just a warm fire and plenty to eat and drink waiting for you after your day spent exploring. Coming during Octoberfest we have:
- Live Music, including the ever popular Lewis Hamilton Band
- Open Music Sessions – join in, or simply enjoy the atmosphere
- Whisky Tasting Masterclass – looking at the subtleties of a wine cask finish
- Gin Tasting – the very (very) latest releases in this incredibly dynamic area
- The Clachaig Pub Quiz – ideal for Eggheads, or simply some Monday night fun
- Pool Competition – your 15 minutes of glory to take you through the knock out rounds
- Pumpkin Carving – Decorate the bars for Hallowe’en by carving your own
- Fancy Dress – End Octoberfest in a ghoulish style
See the day by day listings for events at Clachaig and throughout the local area.